School is almost over!!!!!!!! Summer will be here before we know it. How can we keep our students engaged during the summer time?
If we as educators can continue posting(class blogs and websites) intriguing questions during the summer, we can keep our students minds churning. We can keep the line of communication open with parents as well. Learning does not have to stop during the summer. Remember learning does not have to be in a brick and mortar classroom. Here are 5 tips to keep your students learning during the summer break. You can even give your activities-Technology summer school. Teachers THE BEST part of these tips are that you can collaborate with your students while sitting on the beach!!! ;)
5 Tips to keep students learning during the summer...
1. Start a book club and collaborate online.
2. Create a #summerchat on twitter with your students. 164 character word collaboration.
3. Keep updated materials on your class website for students to view. Make it relevant to your classroom.
4. Create a new blog post every week pertaining to a new event that happened in the news. You can call it.. "NEWS you can absoutley USE.
5. Give extra points for students who participate in your "technology summer school".
My name is Kimberly Lane Clark and I am a Blended Learning Specialist in Texas.